Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Funny Firsts

Today was the first time I cut the lawn with the dog outside. It was fairly funny since I had made my mind up before starting that I would quit if Buzz insisted on getting too close. Well luckily he didn't but he didn't like it at first. He just stood back and yelped at the mower. Then he got brave and would jump at the mower like he was trying to sneak up on it and scare it (but he was far enough back to not get hurt) and then he would run as fast as possible just safely outside the area I was mowing and watch quietly for about two rounds in the yard and then come back and do it again.
He also spent his first day with me alone as mom had to work today and Laura was at school. While he wanted to try to use the computer, I wouldn't let him. Instead of getting mad, he just laid down and went to sleep on my feet. (I am still amazed I'm letting him in the house so much) When I got done with my meetings, we went to the back deck and he played all afternoon in the yard while I worked on my computer. But I did learn not to let him in the back yard by himself as he has found a way out. I guess he is small enough to fit through the fence gate and pole connection.
We are also trying to get him accustomed to his new crate in the house. He doesn't like it one bit and will let you know. Luckily he seems to get whined and yelped out after a while and then lays down and goes to sleep.
I am looking forward to a week from this Sunday when he will get the opportunity to meet the Shrine Mascot I have for this year ....Bumbles the Bee
Tonight he also got over his fear of the fire pit as we had a fire and he jumped into my arms in the fire pit area and sat down with me and went to sleep in my arms. Spoiled already….and I’m referring to the dog …not me…

No comments:

Post a Comment